Monday 4 November 2019

A Wool Coat, 90's Boots and a Luxury Bag

 Happy November! I'm really loving this month so far (all four days of it). However, I've already broken by No-Buy-November rule... I knew it would be difficult to maintain because charity shopping is such an opportunistic sport - most pieces tend to be one-offs, especially if they're old, so you have to buy it or loose it! And I do feel that my finds were justified and have long lives ahead of them. 
 I'm so happy with how these pictures turned out - though the fringe is on thin ice *patiently waits for it to grow out*! 
 Now that the evenings are getting darker and the weather more unpredictable, it can be hard to find the opportunity to go out and shoot, especially when me and Rudi are juggling different work schedules. But somehow we both managed to be free on the crispest, most golden day yet which was lovely.

 


I've been without a smart wool coat since I outgrew my last one several years ago, and this one that I found in Sue Ryder ticks all the boxes - It's black so will go with everything, a nice midi-length, and it's 80% wool so suitable for someone who's always cold! I think this is such a good staple that I can throw over almost anything and look a bit more dressed up and put together. I know I'll have this coat for many, many seasons to come, and at just £10 it was well worth buying.





Though I wasn't in need of another pair of black ankle boots, this pair fit like a glove in the softest leather. They're fleece-lined for warmth and feature a very 90's square toe and heel. They're worn in (which I like) and a little scuffed so they cost me just £2 - I KNOW. They may be a nod to the past, but I think they're pretty timeless as they're so simple and classic. Another wear with anything staple - and they cost me less than a coffee.






Last, but definitely not least is this See by Chloe bag. I found this beauty on Depop completely unused - and for half the price that it retails for on Net-a-Porter. Even bought second hand, it was a bit of an indulgent purchase for me as it was still expensive! I initially planned on keeping it wrapped up until Christmas day, but I couldn't resist using it immediately - the lower the cost-per-wear the better! I was a bit skeptical about the size of it as it is technically a mini-bag, but I can actually fit all I need into it (and not break my shoulder in the process). My only problem is that it wont fit my reusable water bottle in it... Not to self - hydrate intensely before and after leaving the house!
 This purchase goes to show that even people who enjoy designer items, and prefer their purchases brand new and unused can find what they're looking for second hand. This kind of purchase is rare for me, but when you know you'll love and use something forever, I feel it's often worth paying more for something that feels special to you.    






Coat - Charity Shop (Zara)
Jumper - Ebay (H&M)
Bag - Depop (See by Chloe)
Jeans - Primark (old)
Boots - Charity Shop (brand unknown)

Photos by Rudi

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Someday Blog. Design by FCD.